Would this make you mad?

I had a heart cath done on Friday, April 15th and was told by my doctor to lay low and do as little as possible the rest of the weekend-- I was supposed to "slouch" as they put it and have my leg as straight as possible for the first 24 hours.

My husband was sitting there and heard what the doctor said yet when we got home his first words out of his mouth were "what's for dinner" and then "are you going to start the laundry and do the dishes?"

Was so lividly ticked at him I wanted to smack him upside the head; but didn't. What would you have done?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband is like that. Twice I have out patient surgery, told him he was in charge for dinner, and got the same question when we got home. It really stings but I just remind him it's all on him and deal with it. Some guys just don't get it. But when they have a cold or something the world comes to an end!! hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sat my butt down and said "What ever you are fixing is for dinner and you know how to work the washer, dryer, and dishwasher."
    That's what I would have done.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not only would I be mad I would be SUPER MAD! you just had a procedure done whats wrong with him! (sorry) You really need to have a chat with him, you poor thing you need to rest and be catered to just as Im sure you would do if the situation was reversed. I hope you are ok, take it easy and tell your man to step up and take care of his girl!
    Momof4gmdt

Answer by Momof4gmdt at 9:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would have said "I don't know what are you going to make for dinner?" As for laundry I would pointedly remind him of the doctors orders and tell him if he wants dishes and laundry done he knows where the sink and washing machine are. (and then I would follow doctors orders and rest).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would of told him i dont know what are you making for dinner and when are you starting the laundry! :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would have explained that too much exertion after a heart cath can cause blood clots to form, zip through the system and KILL YOU DEAD, so either he mans up and does some shit for the weekend, or he acts like an aartard and ends up doing everything, forever.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would've asked him the same thing back at him. Maybe suggested he runs & gets some mcdonalds or pizza to feed the family. Dishes, would've sat there until he finally made the decision to do them bc I sure the hell wouldn't have. Dishes are dishes. They can wait. Dishes aren't worth risking your health & it isn't too hard of a job for him to load a dishwasher or wash a few dishes even if he is working a full time job. We would've been eating fastfood if my husband wasn't up to making dinner or doing the dishes bc there'd be nothing to eat on. I would hope my husband wouldn't even ask me that to be honest if I were in your position. If he did, I would wonder how much he actually cares about me? Hun, you really need to ask yourself that question. Good luck & take care. Get well soon!!!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• He sounds like a real prince...I'd knock him off his damn throne
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Straight up said no. Did u not hear the dr???
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would have repeated what WE had just been told by the doctor. Then said we will eat whatever you fix or you can order out and go pick it up. The dishes and laundry can wait or you can do them yourself. Then I would have ignored him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2011