Boys and pottytraining

Well my ds just turned 3 and pretty much trained but when he goes pee he gets it EVERYWHERE!I have tried to show him how to point it in the toilet but I guess he doesn't have good enough aim yet so my question is how do you get your ds to not be so messy when going to the bathroom,is it even possible at 3 yr old?

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well, my first thing i am going to say is , is daddy around to help? if not then i just let him sit. when i started potty training my son who is 3 daddy wasnt around, so he sat like i did, and now that daddy is around he learned by going in when daddy had to and he keeps it in the potty now.
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 9:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son is 2 1/2 and he sits on the potty like a girl..... maybe that's weird but hey he is potty trained and never makes a mess. I figure when he is bigger he will want to stand up like his dad and brother. I am sure he won't sit on the potty the rest of his life lol
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i tried the cheerios but he reached in after them ... lol...
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 9:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I put cheerios or fruit loops in the toilet bowl to give my twin boys something to aim at. I also taught them to use their forefinger to hold their "firehose" down to hit the targets. Worked like a charm for us!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• ohhh and if you are talking about sitting and pointing it down i'm not sure what to do about that. My son used to yell "hold my wiener mama!" haha i had to convince him that he could do it. Until he does it maybe you should get a potty seat that sits on the toilet seat it just has handles and a little raised part that keeps the pee from spraying if they don't hold it. That's what we used until he got good at it, it;s like 7 bucks at wal mart
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Make him sit til he's older.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have 4 boys (potty training the youngest right now). I've always had them sit until they were older.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• While training my 5 boys, I had them all sit until they got the hang of it, then learn how to do it standing. As for the mess, I still haven't figured that out - my oldest is 13! Daily wipedowns of the bathroom!
    cherlygirlie

Answer by cherlygirlie at 12:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can try putting cherrios and tell him to aim at them. My DS is 4 and he sits on the potty.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 2:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011