Duggars

I've seen a few episodes of this show (but not in a long time).

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it. I think 19, 20 or whatever # she is up to, is way to many.

Once she has her baby, how much bonding does she really get to do with that infant before she has another?

What are your thoughts on "not kissing before marriage"?

ItsJustMe1017

Asked by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• "I think it is their life and we have no right to judge them on their choices"

this is what bugs me, when people say things like, it's their life, we have no right to judge. yes, it's thier life, and they are broadcasting it once a week for all to see. Judging is human nature, and we are all doing it from our living room. And the Duggars, they judge others...others who are not of their faith and 'quiverfull' mindset. yes, i've watched the show for a long time.

and the no kissing...Mommy Duggar sure didn't believe that before she got married! Seems she is preaching what she didn't practice.
    Anonymous

• They actually bond alot with their children for several reasons....No tv, No video games, Homeschooling, and they work from home.

I think if you can afford to have that many children and are happy and the children are happy then go for it :)

Kissing before marriage is a personal, religous decision and I'm not going to judge someone for it. I did kiss before marriage but waited to lose my virginty until my wedding night.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think they are a WONDERFUL family, and I wish I had as much patience as that mother does! As I would never have that many kids, I applaud them for giving there children a loving, caring, stable home. They seem like a very wonderful family.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think it's too much, but hey Im not living their life. I think the not kissing before marriage is stupid. I believe in no sex before marriage and thats what im going to tell my kids but kissing? come on!
    Momof4gmdt

Answer by Momof4gmdt at 10:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think that they can take care of those kids and they teach the older ones responsibility by needing to care for the younger ones. I doubt that we will see any of them having sex or babies at age 16.
    Most people forget that bonding time is new-age and 40 years ago, large families were normal. You had kids to help on the farm with chores and slaughter. You didn't have kids to bond or nurture them. Wile that may be, she is a SAHM and also homeschools them. She has plenty of time with each of the kids. They make that time.

As for kissing before marriage, it would be nice but I'm glad I got to kiss him before we are getting married.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think it is their life and we have no right to judge them on their choices. The "kissing before marriage" is THEIR CHOICE they are telling you you can't kiss before marriage. They bond with their children and are attentive to them my girls are 11 months apart and while I would NEVER recommend it I bonded with my older daughter and younger daughter with no problems.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think it is entirely none of my business how many children she chooses to have.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think they need to stop breeding and take care of the kids they have instead of have the older kids take care of the younger ones.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yesmaam, it is part of their religon, the no kissing before marriage stuff.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't care for "reality" shows of ANY kind. But, I especially loathe those that exploit the kids. Parents making money off the fact that they can have a ton of kids. UGH! Kate+8...really? Nobody pays me to take my 4 kids on a European vacay! LOL. Duggars...I feel pretty much the same way. It was your choice to have 2 dozen kids. I really don't see anything miraculous about it. And, really don't care to hear about it. Much less, sit in front of the tv watching how you juggle it all while I'm juggling my own family...WITHOUT BEING PAID FOR IT! I don't find it amusing, exciting, interesting or entertaining. And, none of those shows will ever get a moment of my time giving them ratings. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011