Do you take your dreams as an indication of what's to come?

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• sometimes... God can give you visions, but the devil can also put things in your mind to scare you.. You just have to pray about it and get a confirmation from God.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope, dreams are simply our subconscious trying to work out problems and issues from our experienses I dont believe that our dream foretell anything
    Momof4gmdt

Answer by Momof4gmdt at 10:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No, I take them as dreams!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I do sometimes. Mine are so vivid and generally foretell something to come. I can give loads of examples but I cannot say if it is just coincidence or not.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

Shhh...most of the stories in some religions are based off those dreams :)
    jujubean1979200

• Not as an indicator of future things however, I have seen some of my dreams as indicators of lessons I hadnt quite clicked on in my waking life yet.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No. Not usually anyway. There have been two or three in my whole life that either happened the next day or indicated a greater issue in my life that would eventually be resolved. But the second one I really just think was my subconscious along with some wishful thinking that ended up coming to fruition. The first, the dreaming something and having it happen, happened only once, and it was probably just a coincidence, especially since it wasn't a very in depth kind of situation, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope. They are a reflection of information stored in your subconscious mind. They can be precognitive, but not always.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Depends on the nature of the dream. Most of the time, my dreams are rather violent ... either someone is trying to kill me or I am the hired assassin. I watch a lot of violent TV shows and movies and read books along the same genre.

Once in a while there is the dream that I know to pay attention to ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Some of them, yes. I get prophetic dreams sometimes, but I can usually tell the difference between them and just regular dreaming.
    domesticrecluse

Answer by domesticrecluse at 10:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011