My son.... plz help!!!!

my son woke up yday from his nap and he was shaking and running a 101.4 fever. Not too bad of a fever but he was complaining about his leg hurting and crying. He rana fever all night and was constantly getting up for me or my dh to sleep with him. Should i take him to the dr? We dont have insurance on him so we will have to do a payment plan to pay it off which is strectching it right now! We have no money and my dh's work is gettin slow. I'm getting worried...

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 10:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Please call his doc and ask a medical professional what they think!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I say yes take him. Moneys not worth your son's health. It could be a little virus or it could be something serious. Better safe than sorry.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• call the nurse hotline. Sounds like he has an infection in his leg.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If he's complaining about a pain is there any indication of injury at the site? I'd call his doc. And after, look into low income insurance or something. They might backpay. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Can you not get your child a medical card?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• What kind of medical card?
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Look at it this way- your son could be seriously sick and fighting an infection that his body can't handle on it's own. Which is worse- lowering your credit score or getting your son what he needs?

Prioritize, mama. Your baby is your world. If you have to go on a payment plan you can't pay and just have to deal with the creditors calling then that's what you need to do to take care of him.

I've been in the same position.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• watch out for menengitis. if he can sit with legs bent up and kiss his knee he probably doesn;t have it. Maybe he slept wrong on his leg but if tylenol doesn't help then I'd take him if not better by in the a.m.
    tburnett1105

Answer by tburnett1105 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Go to the ER and ask if u can apply for free care. Is his leg swollen of hot in any particular spot?

RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Go to the ER and ask to apply for free care.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011