What did you do for your nausea?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and the nausea & dry heaving has only gotten worse! I wake up around 6am and somewhere between then and 7, I started feeling really, really sick. I dry heave (usually a little comes up) and break out into a major sweat. I feel like I'm going to pass out. Last night in the middle of the night I tried to eat a couple of pretzels, same thing this morning.....no help! I can't eat when I feel nauseous, I just can't! So with my last pregnancy they prescribed ZOFRAN, and that was a miracle drug to me, but we weren't sure if that or my pre-natal was causing my horrible constipation, so I stopped. I did a little research on BabyCenter.com and 99% of the moms said to take ZOFRAN!

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? I know I need to be on medication. There's just nothing at home (like sleeping all day) that I can do and I have 2 little ones that I must be able to tend to during the day!

THANKS MAMAS!

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor about your options. My doctor actually prescribed 3 different drugs for me. I had one that I took on a regular schedule, one that I took only at bedtime, and one that I took about 30 minutes before meals. I can't remeber all the names, but the combination helped me more than any of the individual medications. I still was sick some, but at least not all the time. Good Luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• At the beggining of my pregnancy the only thing that helped me was chewing on gum or sucking on something sweet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• those preggy pops (i think that is the name?) they sell them at babies r us! all i could eat w/ connor and shy was the preggy pops, lemons and pretzels!
    hope you feel better!!
    and ummm btw how did i miss the "i'm preggo post" by you??
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When do you take your prenatal pills? I have to take mine just before I fall asleep or they make me so sick. Also, try to nibble on a piece of dry toast or crackers before you even sit up in the morning. Gatorade helps alot. The sickness in the morning is because your blood sugar is really low from not eating for hours and when you sit up it drops drastically and it is really hard to bring it back up quick enough to not get sick. You can also try glucose tablets. I got some at Target with the diabetic supplies. They work really well. But then you need to eat something soon, before your blood sugar drops again.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2470712 hope this link works!
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I kept a little plastic baggie of fresh cut lemons and sniffed it when I felt sick. Worked every time.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008