Is anyone mildly allergic to the sun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I am, i break out in pimple like rashes if i spend too much time out in it. sucks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My dd is she breaks out in hives if shes exposed to direct sunlight for 2 long We don't let her go out on high ozone warning days and put on plenty of sunblock and she wears hats etc to avoid the itchy rash
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Me too. I cant stand it is there anything I can do to help it?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Are you sure it's the actual sun and not your sunscreen products? Everything desribed here fits me to a "T" but it's the sunscreens (they're fine on their own but the minute the sun hits me when I'm wearing sunscreen, I break out in hives/itchy rash). Some people are allergic to the chemicals in sunscreen and others don't develop an allergic reaction to those chemicals UNTIL the sun hits them; some, like me, are sensitive to both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I use 100+ SPF and I still burn and get that stupid rash. The rash usually comes the first week or two of being outside in the spring. It goes away with more exposure. I don't usually use sunscreen if I am just hanging outside of my house and I still get the rash.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If I'm in the sun for ages I get prickle heat :( all red and bumpy!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes I do believe I am allergic to the sun. If i stay in direct sunlight for more than 10 minutes i break out bad & swell in what almost feels like poison ivy. I wish there was something I could do about it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011