Does any1 know of any freelance writing jobs?

I had to take a medical leave unexpectedly from work last October and come to find out late last week I received a letter from HR advising me that my position had been "terminated".... So needless to say, I am still under doctor care and meds now trying to get unemployment but I am looking for some writing jobs that I can do from home....PLEASE HELP!!! I am grateful for any SUGGESTIONS & ADVICE my fellow Mami's can give me!!! :)

mia1alex

Asked by mia1alex at 10:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have a listing of freelance writing jobs on my blog, Mavi's Home Work.   Freelance Writing Jobs.  If you are looking for short term writing projects, there is also a folder of blogging jobs at About.com.   Good luck to you.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Pick up a copy of The 2011 Writer's Market (your library may have it). It gives listings for magazines, if that's the kind of writing you want to do. It can take months to start to build up an income from freelance writing. I freelance wrote for magazines and newspapers for about 15 years.

Also consider writing resumes, lots of people need resumes write now.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Amazon has an at home compnay where u can work mturk.com.
    They are always looking for writers
    tburnett1105

Answer by tburnett1105 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Patch.com is hiring writers across the country. So is examiner.com.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• freelancer.com you work at home, but for other people. And here you can have more than one "job" at a time. Personally, I didn't like spending my whole day on the computer searching and finding something on a power tool, flowers, dentists and stuff like that. They give you x amount of papers in a day and you find the information and recreate the facts online for them. If they don't like it, it will get tossed. You could try what I do. i get paid to talk with people everyday from the computer, over the phone and gaming systems. It's simple enough to do, more like a word of mouth. I never did well with mary Kay or Avon, and that SMC stuff, who wants to buy cheaply made stuff! I could go to the dollar store and find that if I wanted it!!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I write for Yahoo's associated content. https://contributor.yahoo.com/signup.html it's free to sign up and you can write about anything you want. (if you want to look at some of the things I write about ,check out here http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/900858/lorena_richie.html )
    wiferichie

Answer by wiferichie at 9:10 PM on May. 5, 2011