Do you buy in bulk or only what you need when you need it?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have awful stocked pantry and freezer in each of my homes. So if staples are on sale, I'll stock up. I have enough on hand to feed us for about 3 months-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would LOVE to buy in bulk if we had more room.. we live in a tiny house with next to no storage so we just tend to buy what we will use for the week
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Small house and not enough money to buy in bulk :( I used to before I lost my job.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sometimes I buy things in bulk-- although that depends on what the item is (fresh food or things that can be stored) and it also depends on how much $ I have available to spend. If I can afford it I buy in bulk, if money is tight I just buy the amount I will use (till next payday).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If we at all can we stock up. Usually though this requires a sale or if DH gets a bonus.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It really depends on what it is & whether or not it really IS a better deal. When chicken goes on sale for $1 per lb & baby back ribs for $1.97 per lb, yeah, I stock up! LOL. Same with fruits & veggies. But, I also invested in a FoodSaver so I can vacuum seal, freeze and/or store my purchases. I also buy my spices in bulk. I put enough in my spice bottle to use & vacuum seal the rest & store in the pantry. Sometimes, bulk buying isn't better price-wise. That's when I just skip it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't buy many things in bulk. There are only three of us in our house.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It depends on if it's on sale and if I have coupons for it. If I can get something for dirt cheap, I stock up. But I won't just go to a place like Sam's Club and buy 50 rolls of papertowels just to have them on hand.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We are a family of 5...I usually buy non food items in bulk when they are on sale
    Laundry detergent
    papertowels
    toilet paper
    baby wipes
    can foods(soup & veggies)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I buy on an "as needed" basis. I still watch for sales, use coupons, plan meals around what we have on hand, etc. and I actually spend less that way than stocking up on stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2011