Why is almost everyone so quick to say "leave him" adult content

just because it's a guy but most coddle and feel sorry for the woman if SHE cheats?

Seems like an unfair sexist thing to me, jerks come in both sexes and should be treated the exact same.. am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• It's the same asinine double standard most women take when it comes to money. They give advice to hide away money "just in case" but if the man is discovered doing so he's a horrible creep that needs to be divorced.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't get your question. Leave the cheater??? Yes, that does work both ways. I could never stay with someone that has abused my trust. Once I lose trust in someone, it's hard for me to gain it back. That's me... I could not do it. My feelings are that you should not have to worry every second of your life what that person is doing and with whom.... Why?? My life is to important. I'd much rather be out there enjoying it, then worrying.

I hope that's what you mean. I don't coddle anyone. Leaving is a simple solution.... It's easy too!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I am not quick to say "leave" no matter who cheats, I think I would try to work it out if possible....if there are children. However, I don't think anyone should have to put up with anyone cheating on them, and I have no sympathy for the cheater, male of female.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Leave the cheater - doesn't matter WHO cheated, the faithful one should really look in their marriage and see if they can live with the cheater...if not, leave. As for abuse - abuse can also go both ways and the one being abused should RUN out of the relationship.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have no idea.  Maybe I am guilty of this, I don't know.  Maybe because I AM a woman so I tend to stick up more for my fellow women then I do my fellow men?  I think that makes me sexist, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I just saw a question where a woman admitted to cheating and everyone was saying "poor you" and trying to help her cover it. Another question was "he cheated on me" and they were frying his ass saying leave him..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't care what sex the cheater is.... Leave em!!! I'm quick to say it because obviously, they weren't thinking about you when cheating... Theres so excuse for cheating in my book. If I'm not important enough to that person than I deserve better....I know it would be the hardest thing to do, but IMO, I'd rather be happy and single than miserable and married...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think it depends on the situation (male or female). I certainly think if kids are involved, both parties need to take a good look and see if it can be saved, for their sake and the children's. However, if a good look has been taken and both parties agree nothing can be done then cut the ties. I personally think more effort should be given than just simply up and leave.
    Expecting1st

Answer by Expecting1st at 11:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't support cheating for EITHER sex! Once the trust is broken, it is very difficult to rebuild As for leaving, that can only be determined on a case-by-case basis. It is NOT a general resolution for everyone. Each individual has to look at their particular situation & determine whether it is worth working on or renders leaving. All we can do is share our experiences with those that ask. But, I NEVER give a blanket "leave" statement.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2011