Hubby is going to have a liver biopsy. Anybody got any experience with this?

It's scheduled for Wednesday and he's been told, that everything will be explained to him beforehand. Since this is going to be a stressful day, I want to know a few things already. Superficially it'll be numb, but the doc said it'll still hurt. How bad is it? How long is he going to be sick afterwards/ having to rest? One concern is to stop the internal bleeding. What is he allowed to do? I figured everything that puts pressure on the tummy (bending over, stretching, heavy breathing) would be bad until it's completely healed. Who has had this procedure done? or knows about it some other way? -It's kinda scary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• He will be sore & need to take it easy (no lifting ect) for a few days. Once in a while they will keep someone over night at a hospital just to keep an eye on them. I think you should call his Dr & ask these questions. They will have the best answers for you.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2011