How can i get my 2 1/2 to go potty like a big girl??

i have been trying for about 4 months now.. she about to turn in june.. help me

vivi88

Asked by vivi88 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sit her on the potty while you go so she know what it's for. I went straight to panties so when she peed she could feel it going down her leg. After about 3 days of a lot of accidents she started going to the potty all by herself.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This is one thing that you can't make her do. She'll learn when she's ready, and not before. We started potty training my son at 2 when he was not ready. He was 4-4 1/2 when he finally got it down. He's now 7. We waited with my daughter until she was more ready, at 3ish, and she got it all down in a week. She's now 4.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• sometime she does good and she has son e day she always going on herself
    vivi88

Comment by vivi88 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• What do you mean by "trying"? Are you enforcing things, or just encouraging her to take more of an interest/responsibility? It's real important not to push it. My dd took a very strong interest in being potty trained before she was two and she's almost three now and still not 100% potty trained. You have to let them do it on their time though, if you push it they usually regress.

Anyway, what we did was get her one of those kid toilet seeds that you put on top of a regular one, and a stool so she can independently climb up. I hate those kid plastic potty things, I personally think they make potty training worse, unless you're going to take that everywhere you go. My Mom, whose potty trained all six of us, also thinks it's best to put the kid straight on the toilet.

Make sure she sees you doing it too, and you can even announce (to her) when you're going to the bathroom, so she realizes it's a foreseen action. good luck
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• TELL HER TO GO EVER 10MINS SHE WILL GET IT TOGETHER
    mzhawkins

Answer by mzhawkins at 2:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011