My daughter

I saw text on my phone from a guy to my 13 yr old daughter asking if she wants to F*** HOLY SHIT,,, WHAT. This guys has been to our house,and he says he 's gay,but at the same time he's told my daughter he likes her too. I'm wondering if this gay shit is just a cover up?
He kinda seems like he might be gay. Anyways I'm not worried about that I'm worried that my daughter is going to have sex with this kid that's 16. Should I take her in and see if she has been sexually active? I'm also on the fence about birth control,its protection ya,but also it screams GO HAVE SEX which isn't what I want for her. She is grounded to the house for awhile for smoking pot,and then sneaking out after I grounded her. I wish I could move away, far away from the city and move where theirs miles of nothing.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 11:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say if she is getting high and getting text like that she is most likely having sex already. I would take her to get birth control and condoms. Just have a talk with her how it is better to wait to have sex and even if you are already sexually active you can still stop and choose to wait.

It is better to be safe then to have her come to yoou pregnant or witha STD. Take this from someone whos sister got pregnant at a young age.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ask her. get her counseling for the drug use now. Tell the boy and his parents that his interactions with you DD are inappropriate and limit their contact. Get busy intervening on her behavior now Mom before it's too late.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My mom didn't want to put my little sister who was 13 at the time on birth control because she thought it was giving her permission and I talked my mom into it because my sister was having sex. Weather you put her on birth control or not she will still have sex. She's not going to talk to you about it. You need to ask her and be open to her about sex. Don't get mad or angry at her listen to her. Ask her if she needs to be on birth control. If she says no then tell her you think she should be just in case. I was too afraid to talk to my mom about sex and birth control. I was afraid she would be mad at me and I ended up pregnant at 14.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She claims she doesn't want to have sex when I talk to her,but at the same time I will be safe and not sorry. My question is do I just take her to her regular doctor,or an ob gyn doctor? What will they do to her? How do I make it comfortable for her?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about making it comfortable for her. If she wishes to engage in adult behaviors at 13 years old then she needs to face the consequences. If those consequences involve being examined by a doctor or gyn then too bad for her.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• taking her to the doctor won't tell you if she is sexually active because the doctor can't tell you, only she can. It's against the law for the doctor to tell you about anything that doesn't require medical attention that you would need to sign for
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• not totally true, is illegal in most state for children 3 years apart to be having sex, and can be considered statuatory rape... best route, take her to an ob gyn, for birth control, if she's sexually active the doctor will provide her with scripts and instructions to help her protect herself..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• and make sure she knows that if she's going to have sex that she should take responsibility for her own reproduction cuz no one else will.. birth control condoms and std education..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• talk to her
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 12:09 PM on May. 20, 2011