dont know what to do

me and my husband have almost been married for 2 years we have a lil girl that is 15 months old. i feel like we have lost something no bc of our lil girl. he was deployed for most of the time i was preggers and she was almost a year old when he came home. we argued a lot while he was gone (he was gone for about 15 months) he has been home for 5 months and it just seems like there is not much there anymore. almost like we are roommates he goes to work comes home we dont really talk maybe ask about the mail or whats for dinner then he lays on the couch falls alseep. ill wake him when dinner is ready then its back to sleep on the couch. i just feel like i am on my own sometimes raising our daughter by myself. i guess my question would be what can i do or we do to try to bring the spark back? and i'v tried heatin it up in the bedroom but we have always been good there. what can i do outside of the bedroom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Is your DH active duty? If he is, you have axes to free counselling

Answer by louise2 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• that takes awhile. he has to adjust from getting back from iraq...and getting back into daddy mode...you have to adjust to having him around. it takes a while for that to get really get back into swing. thats why a lot of military marraiges dont make it..its not easy.

its been 3 years and my husband still cant sleep properly at night without sleeping pills cause of iraq....its hard
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• he is active duty and i'v talked to him about gettin counselling but he doesnt think anything is wrong he says he is happy with the way things are. but why wouldnt he be i do everything for him the only thing i dont do for him is bath him and whip his butt most of the time i dont mind doin this thing for him but i never get a thank you or the house looks nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• and your not going to get one. my husband is the same way. he just went froma zone of mortars flying over his head and hearing about ppl being beheaded on convoys cause the bridges have traps set.....so im sure he is happier being in a safe home.

you as the military wife need to realize it takes awhile to get back to normal after iraq...you want him to pat your back..it wont happen for awhile...he neesd t ochill out..relax...eventually go to counseling (call his first sergeant and tell him/her that he needs to be sent to a counselor for stress and selfishness related to being deployed)
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My husband was in Irag for 15 months. Except for a few thing like boxes in the road. ( he would freak out and not want to drive near them, bombs you know) He was pretty normal,(his usual self). I never treated him any differently then I did before he went to Irag.

Answer by louise2 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008