Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

No matter if I lay on my back or if I lay on my right/left side, I wake up in the morning and both of my arms and hands are so numb, I can't even grasp my cell phone to turn off the alarm. :(

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had that! I still get it sometimes. It is carpal tunnel syndrome brought on from pregnancy. It was horrible. I hated going to sleep!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have that problem if I don't sleep with my arms round a pillow. Just sleep hugging a pillow and it seems to help a lot.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I never had that problem but i think you should tell your doctor at your next visit .Good Luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• you may be a very heavy sleeper and your body does not register that you are cutting off circulation. try setting a quiet alarm clock to go off every once in a while or have your SO give you a nudge every so often to get you to change positions
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i have never heard of this but sounds like maybe your blood isnt flowing in your arms like it sound ,talk to your doctor.
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• sorry i have never had that problem. why dont you call your doctor and see what he or she tells you to do.
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011