Advice

My 3 year old son's biological father recently came back for his rights. He bailed out a long time ago and didn't care about him at all. Ever since he found out that I was getting married and that someone else stepped in as "daddy" then he all of a sudden wanted to become a dad. He filed in the same month I got married so I find it quite convenient. Anyway, he has had two visits with his biological father. The first time he gave him cupcakes for dinner. The second time he took him to McDonald's (after I asked him to not take him to fast food places...that stuff is HORRIBLE for you!) and when I came to get him he had dried up snot all over his face and nose. These are only 4 hour visits so far. Also, when Neil walked with dad out to his car, he didn't even watch him. Ross (biological dad) walked in front of him and my son, Neil, was walking behind him in a parking lot! Neil also told me that Ross played video games a lot when he was there. There have been little things here and there that Ross has said that make it obvious that he doesn't want to care for this kid.....I think he is just trying to stick it to me and my husband.....I really need some advice or AT LEAST I need someone to say something to make me feel better about this situation. Thanks!

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG :( I dont think i can make you feel better but I can say that this must be so stressful on you. :( Im so sorry that dead beat dads all od a sudden think they can handle what WE handled for the last how many yrs. My sones father bailed to. He hasnt come back, but if he did, and I was in your situation, I'd be so upset. I wish you the best hun. :')
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 11:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2011