I am "dieting" on the weight watchers program. My children have always been educated about healthy eating.
In my house, that means:
* Drinking plenty of water -- not soda
* Eat a balanced meal (protien, dairy, fruits/veggies, whole grains)
* What specific types of food do for their growing bodies
* Limit sugary treats (good for their bodies & their teeth)
* Eat whenever you're hungry -- snacking is OK as long as they don't always choose cookies or chips.
* At mealtime, eat until you're content (don't stuff yourelf) -- snacking is OK or you can have more later.
I don't know how my girls will grow up, but I want them to be educated about food and making healthy choices. The world of media photoshopping and celebrity eating disorders will surely have its' effect on them too. I just hope that they are educated and can think for themselves.
at 12:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008