Does anyone have any kid friendly recipes that include ground flax seed?

My son has ADHD and his pediatrician suggested I include ground flax seed into his diet. I bought a bag of it last night and after finding out more information on it, I am looking forward to including this into not just his diet, but all of ours!
Any recipes you may have will be used and appreciated..thankyou so much! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Don't need special recipes, just mix it into anything you make.
    Anonymous

• My friend gives her son bananas rolled in ground flax seed. Not sure how it is or anything, but he loves it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I just sprinkle it into or on top of stuff. If you're making something breaded, add it to the flour mix. If you're making something mixed like meatballs of meatloaf, just add it like you do the salt and pepper and spices. If you're making gravy (don't do this with a cream gravy), add a little to the drippings before you add the broth or water. Any time I make salad, it gets sprinkled on top. Unless you're baking, don't worry about how much. If you are baking or using it in your pancake/waflle batter, it's going to change the proportions a little, so either decrease the flour or add a little more water proportionate to how much meal you're using.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't think you need a special recipe for it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Add it to smoothies, oatmeal, salads, just about anything

You can use it in baking, but many of the nutrients break down in baking.

You will get the most benefit by buying whole seeds, storing in the freezer, and using a coffee grinder or spice grinder

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• This is a great recipe that you can easily add flax seed to. They don't even need to be ground! You can just sprinkle them on top or incorporate them into the batter. The muffins make a great snack or even breakfast!

http://www.redtri.com/apple-stuffin-muffins
    Jacky S.

Answer by Jacky S. at 6:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2011