What is good to eat before going to work out at the gym?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• About 30 min-to an hour before I go walking/running or work out at home, I'll eat a whole grain thin bagel with natural peanut butter. Afterward I'll have a banana and some other fruit or a salad with lean meat.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 2:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Something very light.. treat the gym like your mother would you swimming "Don't eat an hour before you go swimming" don't want to get sick.

One thing at a time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• something w/ fiber- like raisin bran or a fiber bar, it'll give you sustained energy...if you're going to the gym in the am, i heard it's actually best to eat extremely light-- i eat half a cub of granola before i work out in the morning, then maybe make an egg when i get back for the rest of breakfast (my gym is in my apt complex, making this easy). Smoothies are good too- if they're actually real fruit, the correct portion size, and not loaded with sugar.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• A piece of fruit!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I take an Access Bar. It is a nutritional supplement that has been proven to burn more calories from fat. It helps your muscles not get that sore, overworked feeling and they are really yummy too. They are not in stores, but if you would be interested in learning how to get them, just message me and I can provide you with the information to order some.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 3:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have either a small bowl of granola or two crackers with peanut butter.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011