Just read a question

So I was just reading a question. She had spelling errors in her question and someone(they were anon) pointed out that the spelling mistakes looked bad. There is some back and forth between the 2 but I just wondered......does it bother you if someone spells things wrong. You know, uses the right word but wrong spelling/meaning? Like meat but means meet?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 12:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• For! The! Love! Does it bother me!! If there (not to be confused with their) is a few things misspelled I might over look it, but usually I just skip the whole thing.

It really irks me!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not really.  If I can read the question, I answer it.  If I can't read it, I move on.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If I just absolutly CAN NOT understand what it is that they are trying to say I just move on and don't even attempt to answer, if they misspell things or use the wrong word but I get the gist of what they are trying to say then it's fine....english isnt everyone's first language and who am I to be the grammer police? I know I'm not perfect so why should I expect everyone else to be?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I try to ignore typos and spelling mistakes and focus on what the person is trying to say. I realize that some may not be good spellers, or good typists, maybe they are upset and trying to get their point out, or maybe English is not their 1st language and they might not be familiar with different spellings (like meat instead of meet).
    I think helping the person by trying to give advice and answer their question is more important than getting rude and picking at them about mistakes.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I've been misspelling things lately, my web keeps doing this weird almost like a refresh thing everytime i'm on cafemom. I end up missing letters in my words and such lol. I don't really give it a second though on spelling of others though unless i absolutely do not understand that they are saying, then i'm like WTF.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No. Although if there are so many spelling errors that it is a struggle to figure out what she is saying, then I just give up.

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Its just kinda sad ya know. Sometimes I have trouble figuring out their question. I am grateful (spelling? lol) my Momma kept my butt in school.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i sometimes ignore the mistakes.. but if its really that bad i will just move on and not answer. there is a full editor on here so i don't see why they don't use it.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I misspell things all the time or am one of those people who get to typing so fast I turn letters around . Sometimes when I am on my phone it corrects things and put the wrong word down. It happens, so no I won't point it out to others. just try to read and understand what they were trying to say.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm a stickler for details so, yes, it does bother me.
    Anonymous