How can I help our 7 month old get used to being with a sitter?

therainemaker

Asked by therainemaker at 12:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One thing you could do is ask the sitter to come over a few times to play with or entertain baby while you are home, that way baby gets used to the person and won't be afraid when you need to have them over to babysit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• whoever will be watching them, allow them to get acquainted with him/her before you leave them with them. allow them to play or take part in feeding. do this for a little until they are both comfortable enough for you to step out. it'll make you feel better as well
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i found with 3 of my kids they all ways gave out a tear or 2 as i walked out the door but the time did us good apart :)
    i told the sistter all the thing my kids loved to do that was a treat for them and all the treats love loved to eat and all the best shows,game and let them just have at it !!! it was like x-mas lol...with out me :) and soon they see her and run to her with joy.... even was told one time they loved her (she did have a dish to do a wash that needed done and a room to clean ) lol...just to play with us lol....
    and that was from my 4y who told me the frist time i left him with her that i hurt his heart lol......
    so make it fun !!!! and let give it time :) kids love there mommy and daddy ....is a ggod thing that they miss u and dont want to say good by :) (it means you are doing alot right ) lol good job mommy :)
    dev091281

Answer by dev091281 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• allso i have 3 kids under 5 and they where all about 6m the frist time i let some one look after them....and it all ways was hard at frist but was great in the long run it helped i think for school and sleep over and so on as they grew alittle older it just easyer for us :)
    love your babies !!! worrie about them but let them be a babby and grow ;) its not all ways easy....
    dev091281

Answer by dev091281 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It takes time. I agree with getting the sitter to visit with the two of you, if possible, so the association of you leaving is not always the case. Also make sure you are confident and not sad when you leave so the child relaizes all will be OK. If she/he sees you stressed out it makes the situation worse. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• allow time w/ the sitter and yourself a couple of times so baby can get to know her first.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011