Whats a reasonable time for a teen curfew?

my daughter and son always want to go out which i usually never allow but they are 14 & 15. i know all there friends & as a child i was a gullible child so i ould go along w/ anything, i would stay out allll night.

they ask me "why do we need curfew" ?

Any advice !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd say around 9pm and definitely no later than 10pm. Also, depends if its a school night
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 12:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My sisters curfew is 9 on the weekdays and 11 on the weekends and she's 15.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• when they ask "why do we need a curfew" you tell them "Because you live in MY house" When I was 14/15 I think my curfew was 10pm...before that...when the streetlights came on LOL....good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Most cities have a curfew and if they caught out after that time they will get into trouble.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You're the parent - YOU make the rules. Kids still need guidelines at that age. I have 4 kids. At that age, they never went anywhere "aimless" with their friends. It was always structured activity. Movie, school dance, each other's house, etc. But, they had to be home by 8:30 on a school night so as to have time to wind down & get ready for bed. Weekends were negotiable according to what the activity was. If they were at the skating rink, 10:00, a parent would be there to pick them up. Same with movies & such. There was NEVER a time when they were allowed to stay out all night, regardless of age. The only "all-nighter" they pulled was the lock-in activities at school. Now, for Senior Prom, curfew was 1am. But, of course, they were older.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Oh, yeah, where I live, teens have to be off the streets by 10pm. PERIOD!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I wasn't allowed on school nights, except for when I had to work but 11 on weekends. I did work at 15, and this curfew was until I moved out at 18. I hated it, but ,mom's house, mom's rules :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 12:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• At 14 and 15 I would be (or another adult) picking them up and taking them wherever they were going,, so I guess that a curfew wouldn't be an option,, I mean where do they go? I was never just allowed to go "out" with no desitation of some sort,, and who the heck is driving them around?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Our curphews went by age. For 13-14 they had to be in by 10pm. 15-16 11pm, at 17 midnight.

Answer by gemgem at 12:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• what if there w/ a guy /
    or my sons w/ a girl .

i never really let them out & there getting big !
    do rules change up ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011