Is it normal to spot at seven weeks?

thumper33

Asked by thumper33 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• seven weeks preg or postpartum? Spotting can always be normal but may not be either. your best bet is to ask your doctor
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 12:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'd go see a G.P or Midwife to have it checked, better to be safe.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• somtimes it can be, but I would call your doctor just to be safe!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you just had sex, yes it is normal. Spotting after sex in early pregnancy is common because your cervix is easily irritated. Beyond that, though, I'd want to be checked out just to be sure.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was about that many weeks when I had spotting and it turned out to just be implantation bleeding. Could be nothing, ask your doctor to be safe.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i too spotted about that far along for 1 of my pregnancys everything was fine as long as it doesn't keep happening for my last i spotted at 6 mos preg. and the doctor said stay off my feet and relax as much as possible ever thing was fine for both pregnancy's
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i would def call your doctor jsut to be on the safe side
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• With my first child I spotted at 7 wks and went to the dr had a u/s and everything was ok. Eventually the bleeding stopped, a week later the bleeding started again and lasted a day or so and stopped. A week later again I started bleeding and this time it was not just brown it was red and a lot. I went to the ER and by the time I got home the bleeding had stopped. I never had any pain with them just the bleeding.
    I went on and delivered a healthy 7'11'' baby boy. Spotting isn't a definite sign of a miscarrage as long as you do not have cramps or excesive bleeding.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011