If you think taxes should be raised....

did you forgo your refund or send in extra this year?

I'm just wondering...

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am curious to hear what their answers are. At any time they can mail checks to the IRS and can have more taken out of each check. Or maybe they just think other people should pay more? hmmmmmmmm
    Anonymous

• I too am waitng to see who the heck thinks taxes should be raised?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• kimigogo, there are a number of people here on cm that thinks taxes should be raised. Since today is this year's "tax day" I am curious to see how many of them paid more themselves.
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Oops...should be "think."
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• – collapse

I think the TEMPORARY reduction should be allowed to EXPIRE as they were intended too

and if you are so concerned with the debt..did you mail a seperate check in?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I think the TEMPORARY reduction should be allowed to EXPIRE as they were intended too

Unsweet did you send in more? Will you be fine with all tax credits including EIC being cut? Curious I know many who only think the rich should pay taxes at all. I believe it is 43 percent who pay nothing or they get what they pay in and then some back. I think we need to make sure all who work are paying their fair share and all credits should end.
    Anonymous

• Obama said that rich people want their taxes to go up, right! We they can write a check for any amount they want, you do not have to raise taxes on us to make them pay, that is just stupid!!

The very rich will never get touch and Obama knows that, because he part of the game. It's like when the Clinton's said the same thing and put all their money was over seas. Do you think they paid hight taxes?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Around 50% pay ZERO federal income tax.

So while they pay a big fat NOTHING, they need others to pay even MORE!

How greedy is that bullchit?
    Well, they're mid to lower middle class (EIC recipients) and therefore they need and deserve extra love, time and attention.

Politicians love, love love the middle class because there's so many of them, you know, votes and that whole ball of wax.

How can they give ZERO and Obummer is hounding taxpayers for more more more!

How about you go back to school, get a better job, make more money and pay SOMETHING before I have to pay more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who told you to start having kids fresh out of high school.
    While others sacrificed til they were blue in the face?

Deadbeats.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I haven't HAD a refund in years. And never expect to get one. If I get a refund I've done something wrong with our withholding.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Well, I paid almost $200,000 in, and obviously did not receive a refund.

No one should make a profit (get more back than they paid in), and loopholes for the mega wealthy need to be eliminated. Our current economy can not shoulder entitlements for neither the extremely poor nor the extremely wealthy.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011