How many "besties" do you have?

I have three that I talk to almost every day, and three more that I am fairly close to, but don't contact as often (i.e. see each other at the kids birthday parties, holidays, and play dates...but maybe once a month or every other month)

I have been friends with all for years and years (most from my teenage years), but I feel like a hermit or something for not having made "new" friends in so long.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Just my husband. I have no female friends because a lot of girls can't handle my personality. If I need to talk to someone about women problems I talk to my mom.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• ummm probably 3
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• None. I'm closest to DH but I refuse to define my relationships as best friend and regular friend. Every time I do the chick ends up weird and I have to BFF dump her. So I don't consider anyone BFF's anymore. I think BFF's is more of a school aged thing anyhow.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• None. I moved to a very small clicky town and if you weren't born and raised here they want nothing to do with you.
    I even through a party for my son's 6th birthday and most of the moms wouldn't let their kids come because they didn't know us....well the way I was raised is ... that is exactly why you have parties and invite people, to get to know new people and make new friends.
    So yeah I could have some besties but the circle in this town is closed off to new people
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't do the whole "best friends" thing. If I had to, my husband is my "best" friend. Beyond him, I had one very close friend who recently moved 3,000 miles away and although I still talk to her on the phone and FB we obviously don't hang out anymore. I have 1 other friend who lives here, and we talk occassionally, and hang out even less often but she's all I've got now.
    Anonymous

• I have1 and we only see each otherf once a year maybe twice. I moved away and found 2 new friends but shortly after I got pregnant they stopped talking to me. I have no idea why?
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i have my DH and some associates. most "friends" stopped being that after my son was diagnosed with autism and was going thru his massive meltdown phase. Now that he is able to communicate the meltdowns have stopped but now I don't have time for "girl time" around therapy and taking care of DH and kids
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 1:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• None, because I don't call anyone a "Bestie" .. I HATE that term.

However, I do have close friends. One I have been friends with for nine years and is my closest friend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Just hubs. Moved to a small little tiny town where everyone has known each other since infancy (at least thats what it feels like), and they have no room for any new friends. I will always be from "away".
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My ultimate BFF is my husband. Then I have my hetro life mate, and one bff. That's enough for me. I don't like to have a lot of friends. Friendships turn into being more work than having a relationship. "Why didn't you call me 500 times yesterday? Why didn't you respond to my LOL text I sent you? I never get to see you anymore!" Bah.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011