Ughh- These things keep worrying me!

Believe it or not, my mother is kind of psychic. EVERYTIME she says something is going to happen, it DOES. She says those infamous words 'you watch" it usually happens. When she has a bad feeling, she is usually right.

Dh and I are moving. Moving to the state his ex lives in. Mom keeps saying that our marriage will end there. That old feelings will come back to him (for his ex) that the flirting (wether he means to or not) will happen, and the whole family unit will come to mind again. She says "out of sight out of mind" - when he starts seeing her, and interacting with her again, his feelings for her will come back.

They broke up, he "supposedly kicked her out" and she moved back to her home state.
She began dating, and he knew that. He STILL emailed her, telling her how great of a partner, and mother she was, and that he regretted his decision. Sh wrote him back, that she hadnt laughed the way she has been (with her new man) in a long time, and she isnt as sick anymore. And basically she put her foot down and said no more.
He was forced to move on....

fast forward to July- August. He meets me.. we date for a few months, he proposes, and now we are marred, living together, and thinking of starting a family. We have been together since July-August, but legally married since November...

Im scared.. ):

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Just wondering why your moving to the same state she is in......on the one hand...I do believe that some people are given a gift of forsight...if it's been proven right in the past I would be equally concerned....on the other hand...I would trust my husband to be the man that I married and to stay commited to the vows that we have taken....but...just keep watch...just like you would in any other circumstance
    Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @Lucky- Thank you :)) We are moving so he could FINALLY be close to his children...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My mom is the same way (psychic) and I hate when she's right sometimes, lol. Maybe you should explain your feelings and concerns to your husband and ask that he attend a counseling session or two before you move so that you can both be of sound mind about your marriage.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There are people like that I know a woman who knows that her daughters are pregnant before they even do, she has dreams about it and she has dreams of the future that are scary.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• One thing about seeing the future: Things can be changed. I learned that many years ago. My daughter was supposed to die according to a psychic when she was 9 months old. She almost did. Common sense and prayer saved her. You can change what your mother saw. Be the better woman. Love his kids and love him harder. Maybe even befriend his ex. You don't have to be bff - just get along with her. Good luck.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It doesn't take a psychic to be concerned about a relationship that appears to have moved FAR too fast... you met in the summer and married in November? And HOW long had it been since he supposedly moved on?

Even without the move, I don't have good feelings here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @gdiamante- Yes we moved FAR too fast! They ended their relationship in.. i think the fall of 2009- We met 2010-(summer) and have been OFFICIALLY married since November ...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• wheresthewayout, this happens to me too.

My dreams tell me things, sometimes give me answers to things after it's happened and sometimes tells me things before it's happened.

There was a plane that went down in a residental area of NY quite a few years back. I dreamed of it the very night before. When I watched the news, I almost had a heart attack.

All three of my sisters, I knew they were pregnant before-hand, and that they were getting engaged before-hand by my dreams.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Have an escape plan.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think your concerns are not so much over the fact that your mother's been proven right before, but more that you are worried about the stability of your marriage. You met him rather soon after they ended, and you rushed into marriage (not judging, not saying right/wrong, just saying you didn't wait too long). Even if you're not consciously thinking it, you're probably worried that you didn't get to know each other well enough to know if you're really compatible and love each other, concerned that maybe you didn't get enough info about the ex and that relationship to know if there were any lingering feelings, and worried that the stress of moving and completely uprooting every aspect of your lives might prove too much for your new marriage. I would talk to him about your concerns. See what he says. Ask him to go to counseling with you. And just in case, make sure you have somewhere to go if it all falls apart.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011