Has any one ever refused to be induced and how did your OB handle the situation?

in2sims

Asked by in2sims at 1:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It depends if you are overdue then induction may be best for the baby after a certain point the womb will start to worse for the baby the placenta will not work as well, and the baby can get to big. I think that you need to talk to your doc and make sure you do what is best for the baby and your health. God Bless
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was extremely uncomfortable the last 2 weeks(read: getting hives on my stomach with uncontrollable itching and swollen feet like u wouldnt believe). My dr and I are very close and he told me he would schedule me to be induced a week before my due date if I wanted. I told him no, I would like to see if I go on my own. Two days before my due date he said he would induce me the next day if i wanted. I said no, lets get thru the weekend. He said ok. (my due date was on friday) so he scheduled me to be induced on Monday if I didnt go on my own.Low adn behold, my water broke and i had him on his due date. Dr was completely ok with it because he understood this was MY experience and i was not scheduling labor to make it more convenient for him or myself. My body would go when it was ready.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008