Pulled a muscle in myback. which is better Hot or a cold Pack aLEVE OR

Motrin... thanks

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I don't know about the meds but I seen on Dr Oz that a hot pack is always better because it relaxes the muscle....a cold pack restricts it....and to tell you the truth I've always used heat...just feels better lol...Good luck mama..hope you feel better soon
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• A hot shower always helps me. Cold is more for swelling and will tighten up a muscle. Advil too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hot - cold - hot. No more than 10 minutes each. Make your own cold pack with 2 parts water and one part alcohol in a ziplock baggie. Put in freezer til really cold. Will not completely freeze because of the alcohol.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I usually avoid any kind of painkiller but I do use heat (feels so much better on the muscle than cold and it seems to "loosen") and warm showers.
    Anonymous

• Ice for 20 then heat. Ice is better for pulled muscles and heat just flat out feels good. Take some kind of anti-inflamitory med, either motrin or alieve
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Heat relaxes the muscle and helps reduce any swelling.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011