What do you cook for easter dinner, and what type of eggs do you do with your kids? Real eggs, or Plastic?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• We always have ham- which I'm not a fan of- and a bunch of sides. We also dye hard boiled eggs and then I hide plastic ones as well.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This year we found some fresh farm eggs that were all different colors, and dyed them to see what cool colors we got.. they were so pretty! I will definitely do it again next year!
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 12:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We go to my moms, then to dhs brothers house. At my moms we do baked ham, mashed potatoes, califonia blend w/ cheese, sweet potatoes, rolls, coldslaw and deviled eggs, And at the bils we do desserts.

We do both. We dye eggs, and hide the fake ones filled.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• we go to family for the Easter meal. as for eggs, i use both. we dye some and i fill their baskets with some plastic ones with goodies inside, only a few though. the real dyed eggs get eaten and the rest of the plastic filled ones get hidden outside for the egghunt :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Easter dinner is ham baked with pineapple, scalloped potatoes or hasbrown casserole, fresh veggie like green beans, rolls, and pie for dessert. We dye real eggs (we all love hard boiled eggs so they go to the fridge afterwards to get eaten) but for egg hunts we do plastic.
    Anonymous

• We will be having dinner at my in laws. We are going to don plastic eggs for my dd.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We cook an Italian dinner, this year we'll have ravioli, fried chicken, eggplant parmesaen, veggies of some sort, meat balls, italian sausage, and a brisket with rolls and salad......it's huge, I know! We have quite a few guests though! Also we do the plastic eggs and fill them with gumballs!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• we always color hard boiled eggs the kids love to do it. i also hide plastic eggs with them. for dinner we do ham,potatoes, salad and we do a platter with different kind of pickles and black olives and celeryw/cream cheese the kids like them the most
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011