Easter egg dyeing? What kind do you suggest?

We have always used the PAAS dye, but looking for something more fun? My DS wants the colors really bright. Do you hard boil your eggs? I usually poke a hole in them and "blow" them out so I don't waste the eggs, but then they are pretty fragile. Any help would be appreciated as we are having an easter egg party!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 12:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Holidays

• i buy the cheap kits at the dollar store, this year i bought 3 and they all came with stickers as well (for the little ones) anyway if you want them brighter, leave them in the dye longer. make sure you're also adding a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to the dyed water also.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I hard boil them, we color the eggs and then on easter day, we pick the best ones to display and the rest get turned into deviled eggs for my parents' and MIL's easter dinners. The eggs aren't wasted and we add vinegar to our dye for more vivid colors.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We don't waste our hard boiled eggs, we eat them in the days following easter.
    Anonymous

• Which egg dying process do ou use and where do you get it from?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011