What do you think about this? someone on my FB commenting about my grandson, because I am a young grandmother.

I am thirty three years old, and my son is almost seventeen in a couple of months. He is a teen father. My grandson is nine months now. He is my world, along with my kids. my little angel. My son is a terrific father, and is still with his GF. Anyways, whats done is done...and not really getting in to all that, I have journals about it. So someone on my FB comments on my status, which was something like..." my little man is here, and having the best time with him, I love him so much." SO then the person says..." is it really that exciting to have a grandkid at that age SMH". I was so pissed, like who the hell are you to say something like that to me where everyone can see. Well so many went right at her with comments, letting her know that she needs to mind her own, he is here now so get over it, its not her concern, and she needs to basically shut her mouth. I ended up deleting the rude comment, and deleted her. I could care less she was someone I went to school with in jr. High. She wasnt important, but do you feel like she had a right? HOW CAN YOU NOT ADORE THIS FACE BELOW ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• No matter how she intended to sound it comes across as rude to me. Instead she should have made a comment about how blessed you are to spend time with your little sweetie or she should have talked about how cute he is. If it were me I would have deleted and blocked her too!
    BTW your grandson is a cutie-pie!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would have responded, that it wasn't his fault, so why should he be loved any less?? He is still your grandchild, wheather your son was 15 or 25 when he had him... That little boy knows no difference. No she has absolutely NO right to say anything about your son or grandson... No one does. Who are we to judge??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I know many people like her who could use a filter. I don't know why people don't get that you shouldn't say everything you think out loud!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I know people like to be rude on fb. I don't this she should have said anything. But you did the right thing for deleting her comment and deleting her off your fb. You might want to block her too.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't think she had a right to SAY it to you. She can feel however she wants to feel, but, nobody cares if she doesn't like your situation. It's her not sitatuion, and she didn't have a reason to voice her opinion, so basically she was just mouthing off like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• I think that chick was just rude and agree he is adorable! enjoy that lil bitty every minute and just snub the haters!
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 1:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• she has a right to her opinion but you did the right thing by ignoring her and deleting her off your friends list. it's really none of her damn business anyway. congratulations on your grandson :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• imo i don't post my personal business where ppl i don't know that well or ppl i don't trust, can see....no she didn't have the right to judge you or your son either
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• hugsNo she did not have the right to say that...imo she needs to just mind her own damn business....it's not like you were asking for opinions of the situation...you were gushing over your grandbaby like any good grandmother would...you did better then I would have because I would have had a few choice words for that woman...so good for you for taking the high road...I'm sorry that there are so many judgmental bitches in the world...and congragulations on your grandbaby

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was grandma at 36. When they got a little older, I was the "good" or "fun" grandma because I would get on the floor with them and play, let them in my lap, etc. The other grandma was "don't touch my hair, don't wrinkle my clothes, don't touch my jewelry" - you know the type. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says, you just have fun with your "little man" and help wherever you can with your son & his gf.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011