2 questions. How to potty train a boy & how to deal with fits with a toddler?

My son will be 3 years old in march. I have't potty trained him yet but he has this thing to dig into his diaper after he goes number 2 and it's really really gross. I think he's eating it but i can't really tell. It's pretty much head to toe with this.

Second question is also for my son. He gets mad for everything, it doesn't matter what we are doing. He's always crying when he eats, plays, or just sitting there. He will be perfectly happy one second and the next it's crying, rolling, throwing himself to the ground, running to the corner and screaming on the top of his lungs and i mean it's that scream where it really herts your ears. I can't go anywhere with him because he does this.

MamaLovely12715

Asked by MamaLovely12715 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok boys are really hard to potty train. Sorry this could be a long battle for you. But I have a 3 year old nephew with downs that is almost all the way potty trained so there is no reason that your normal kid should have trouble potty training. You just need to take him and put him on the potty every hour and yes I know that is a lot but that is the best way to do it. Also don’t let him walk around with a sippy cup all day long. They drink more and eat less that way. And then they go potty more. Just limit his intake of fluid and that will also help him to potty train. I’m not saying don’t give your kid any thing to drink but they only need 2 or 3 sippy to drink all day. (my doc told me that) but you do need to adjust it when it is hot out or your kids is doing a lot of playing. You just have to stick with it. It is best if you can do nothing but stay home with your kid for like a week and a half or so.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• And with the fits. My little girl did not ever have a fit till she saw my nephew do it. Just pretend like it is not happening. you don’t talk to them you don’t look at them you don’t even act like you can hear them you just kind of put up with it and it will go on for a long time at first but then they will stop doing it altogether. Just don’t coddle them that will only make it worse. you can also take them to there room and shut the door a little (not all the way) and let them have there fits all by themselves. Or you can do it the way that my dad did it and just spank them and tell them that there not doing that and they get to scared of getting a spanking and they don’t do it any more.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008