she wont sleeppppp

my 5 month old used to sleep pretty well. go to bed around 10 get up at 8:15-8:30. now all of a sudden she is so fussy and so miserable at night around 3 or 4 am that she isnt sleeping. she had a cold last week and i took her to the doc she said keep her comfortable at night by giving her tylenol and she is teething so that might be it.....my question is could she still be teething and maybe also havea cold and how much longer can i give her tylenol. i only give it to her at night but dont want her to become dependent on it? what else can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 4 months and is up at night again too... we have done a few things to make it a little better (he had been getting up every 1-2 hours) Now he is up 2 times
    We are giving Tylenol and Teething tablets before bed and it has helped some
    Also we are swaddling his arms again so he can't wake himself up with those...
    and lastly we have started cereal 2 times/day to keep him from wanting to eat all night. He eats just once now at night.
    I don't think she could become dependent on Tylenol, it's for pain... so if she doesn't feel uncomfortable it won't do much. And there is nothing in it to make her sleepy. SO continue using it when needed to help her rest.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Instead of just tylenol, you can alternate with Hyland's Teething Tablets. You can get them at any pharmacy, and they will not interfere with the tylenol. My daughter is 7 months old now, and the teething has not stopped (she has just cut her two bottom teeth) and the teething tablets seemed to work much better and much faster than tylenol. They are homeopathic, and are like little pressed powder tablets that dissolve really easily.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008