My 6 year old ddaughter has very fine hair that can get very staticky what is a good shampoo for her?

TMcc176

Asked by TMcc176 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Pantene has a shampoo for this
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have no idea what a good shampoo is but I do know that useing a dryer sheet (like bounce or whatever) and running it through your or her hair when its dry might help. Good luck!!
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hi, hairstylist here and what you need is conditioner! You can use the leave-in kind or the rinse out kind, I keep Redken vinyl glam spray to take away the static! You use it on dry hair!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yeah, conditioner. It weighs the hair down a bit.
    Anonymous

• Not sure about shampoo but I use this spray mousse from Snip-Its that is the ONLY thing that has gotten rid of my horrific static! It's NOT sticky in the slightest and feels like you have nothing in your hair, but keeps the curl for me and gets RID of static!! It's not cheap, but it's worth it for me.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I condition and that doesn't help with static on me...I wonder why. My hair's not damaged or anything at all.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can spritz just a a touch of light hair spray on her hair or rub a static sheet over her hair!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Dryer sheets can help or you can do a leave in conditioner (I use Aveeno).
    I wouldn't suggest using Pantene anything because all of their products have wax in them which is why your hair gets so shiny. Side effect of wax build-up on the scalp though and it is NOT fun to rub off.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Anything with a genuine amount of moisture. Her hair is getting too dry and that is what makes it static.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011