Somedays I am ready to strangle my husband

or maybe put him on Craigslist or Ebay. Or just lock him out of the house. Somedays are really good. Others he ruins it by spending the day at the bar and not coming home till all hours of the night. Somedays our house is a partnership. Others he seems to think I should work full time, cook, clean, and care for the child. It is like I have two husbands and I never know which one I am going to get. I think he might seriously be bipolar (both mom and brother are) but he has been checked out and supposedly has PTSD but not bipolar.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• are we married to the same man!? lol i completly understand what you are going through
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Aren't we all ready to strangle them most days lol. PTSD though? He prob won't admit it, he needs help. I've been deployed and had a slight case of it, it only gets worse if untreated. But he probably does not want to hear it from you? Is there a friend that can convince him, or even go to his chain of command, he'll be pissed you did, but its worth it trust me. I know its hard, good luck lady.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We are both in the same squadron. He does go to a psychiatrist. Not sure how honest he is being there though.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ok so you've got that part, at least you're in too. It's the same with me and my DH:) Maybe you can go to the psychiatrist too and express your concerns seperately?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011