Who is your personal hero?

My mother is my hero....when I was 15 and it became obvious that I was going to be her only child she became a foster parent....the family would of course fall in love with these children and so when they came up for adoption, instead of allowing them to be pulled from a loving home to start all over in another home with different people, my mother would adopt them...but that's not all...when she became a foster parent she specified that she wanted to take in the children that no one else wanted to take in...the drug babies, the older children, the ones with behaviorial problems...my mother wanted to make a difference in these kids lives

At the end of it my mom adopted 6 kids...all of them are drug babies, one is blind, different races, one has SEVERE ADHD....but she loves them to death...sometimes I think she loves them more then she loves ME lol {wink}

My mom DOES NOT get paid for these children...she's a SAHM but my dad is a sergant at San Quinten Prison...so the money is not an issue (felt like I had to put that out there)

Who is YOUR hero and why?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My mom. Not enough room here to say what a wonderful role model she was. Your mom is awesome and the world is a better place with her in it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My Mom is my personal Hero. She helped me to become the strong intelligent successful woman that I am today. She taught me to never rely on others for my happiness and that only I am in control of my own thoughts, words actions, and success. She taught me the morals and work ethic that has gotten me where I am today.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My Dad, he was one of 12 kids and his mother died when he was 4, he joined the Navy at 16. He never graduated from high school, but went on to be a very sucessful business man, grew up in a house where he was beat with a razor strap, and became the most loving DAD in the world, he is my hero for sure, he now is the best Grandpa in the world, and the kindest man I have ever met!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Jesus.... Patient, kind, loving, regardless of ridicule. I just wish I could be more like him. :0)

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My little brother.
    Anonymous

• @elizabr....my eyes actually teared up when I read that....thankyou..that's exactly how I feel
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011