akward pain in my ribs/my breast...

in the middle of the night i woke up crying because right under my left boob...or my rib...i cant explain it that well..basically its RIGHT under my boob but partly on it..im not sure if thats caused by the pregnancy or if i have breast cancer or something...

ive read those packets on how to check for breast cancer but i still dont understand..

im 19yrs old and 20weeks pregnant..

is this nothing to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't be too worried about it, it could just be your organs adjusting to their new positions as your uterus grows upward toward your lungs. Everything is getting squished, so it is normal to have random pains. Plus, you have probably started feeling the baby move. My son seemed to enjoy kicking my rib cage...

If it was inside your breast tissue, it could also be your breasts growing and preparing to breastfeed. Growing pains...

If you are worried about breast cancer, let your doctor know at your next visit, even OBs know how to do a brerast exam and he/she can show you how to do a self exam (or ask a nurse, if you're uncomfortable with a male doc feeling you up).
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sounds possibly like ur milk duct is blocked there try a warm cloth on it and try to milk urself a lil if u can GL
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yeah i feel the baby moving..but shes actually really low right now...shes down near where my bladder is lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It might have been everything growing and stretching. Are you still feeling that pain when she is really low?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i feel all the pain when the baby is low
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008