Are there any nursing assistants out there?

On May 2nd I'm taking a licensed nursing assistant course and am nervous. It's a big change from what I was doing before (copy center/reception) I'm wondering what should I expect? Do you like what you do? It is rewarding? Thanks for your help/opinions.

drpepper73

Asked by drpepper73 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was a na straight out of highschool..i was one of the highest paid in the co..i done this job for several yrs..it was ok at first but by the time I was in my mid 20's I was sick of it!! Some ppl are so nasty and they only want you to be their maid..most of the ppl that I worked for were just pill heads with medicaid that were to lazy or stoned to get jobs..they just wanted me as a maid..I finally just walked out and quit..before the stoners I did have a few elderly ppl that I fell in love with they meant alot to me but once they passed on I was stuck with the others..this is def not a job I would recommend to anyone if you are working for a private company..your best bet would be to work in the hospital or for a nursing home..that way you are only exposed to ppl that really need care and not the losers...good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm starting school May 3rd for the same thing but i plan on working my way up to at least an lpn
    kristendc33

Answer by kristendc33 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I did it for about 5 years before I became a SAHM. If it hasn't changed any, the test isn't that hard. I loved it , I worked at a nursing home.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Work in a county facility instead of a facility that is privately owned.The staffing, pay and benefits are usually better as they are non-profit.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011