This is driving me nuts!!! ***VENTING*** adult content

Ok this will be long and I'm going to apologize now.

I got pregnant May of last year and in Sept I was diagnosed with placent previa (placenta is blocking the cervix). I had to go for ultrasounds every 2 weeks. When I was 35 weeks along I was diagnosed with placenta accreta (placenta and uterus are attached). I wasn't told about it until my next doctors appt, they told me I would need to have a c-section at 36 weeks (I was 3 days away from 36 weeks). I had the c-section at 36 weeks 5 days along. The doctors were extremly worried, they needed to gather a team of doctors and needed blood on standby. I had 12 doctors in the operating room along with a team of doctors on standby. I lost a lost a lot of blood and ended up needing a blood transfusion.

Fast forward to 5 weeks after I had the c-section I was blooding so badly from my vagina that I called the doctors 2 times that week and told them about it. I had to go in and have them check me over. They said everything was fine but wanted me to have a ultrasound. The tech found a mass the size of a grapefuit in my uterus. They said I would need to go back in for surgery. I ended up not needing the surgery, they said that it is a blood clot that developed from a hematoma from the incision. The doctors all over the hospital know about my case

Fast forward to last Friday. I had a mass come out of my vagina. It was white and about the size of a bouncy ball. I called my doctors office and asked if I could speak to one of the doctors that are familiar with my case. I never got a call back until today. All the nurse was concerned about was whether I was pregnant or not. I explained what was going on and she just kept asking me if I was pregnant. I told her no and that I just wanted to ask any doctor that was familiar with what was going on if what came out of me was normal. I got the call from the nurse around 11:30. She said come in and they will look at you. I told her I have a 3 year old and a baby and no babysitter. She said how about tomorrow. Ok I live an hour away from my MIL so it's not like I can just get someone to watch my kids. That's besides the point I didn't want to go in because I know what they will say. You will need an ultrasound to see if the blood clot has shrunk. I just want to know what to look for as this blood clot breaks itself down.

I'm sorry this is so long. I really just needed to vent because of this damn nurse. I am not bashing nurses just irritated that she wouldn't listen to me.

Does anyone know if there is a medicine that can be taken to break down a blood clot?  The doctors didn't want to go in and remove it by D&C because it would cause me to bleed more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• How frustrating! I hope that your okay and everything gets back to normal soon!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 3:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Vent away dealing with the hospital & doctors can be stressful. If you feel like this place isnt treating you the way you should be then by all means find a new place. Its your life & health take charge. If any doctor or nurse tries to tell you not to take charge of your case then report them to their boss b/c you have every right to request & ask the questions you need answered. I dont play around with my daughters treatment nor would I if I ever needed something, I tell the doctors & nurses where to stick it sometimes. Good luck hope all goes well for you & your family.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Gosh, as if you're not stressed enough and to that to it jesus! I'm sorry I cannot be any help, but maybe a bump will get an answer. GL, don't forget to rest when you and if you can.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sorry. I hope things are okay.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would contact other hospitals if you feel they are not handling your case appropriately. Mothering.com has "tribal" boards by geographic area; I would also post there and see if anyone has a recommendation.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It's the best hospital in our area. I guess I could find out if our insurance company will go as far as Philly but I doubt it. Our medical bills have already reached over $2000 and that's with insurance.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011