Keep having the same problem!!!

Yeast infection i been using monistant 7 after the 7 days i feel great for few days then it starts again! I ask my doctor she says its normal cuz of the hormones but I dont wear tight underwear i take care of my self i really think theres must be another reason i dont think every pregnant girl have it for the whole pregnancy or am i wrong? or it might be that my boyfriend has the infection?

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure but you should ask your doctor....I am pretty sure it's possible that males get yeast infections. Actually my son had one when he was a baby somehow. Looked like bad diaper rash on his bottom. He may need to be treated for it
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It could be the extra hormones (every pregnancy is different) or, if you're still having sex with you boyfriend, it could be coming from him. You very well can pass it back and forth, but on a guy its called Jock itch...does he scratch a lot there lately??
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No he dont get itchy or anything!
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Your lover CAN pass on a yeast infection to you. Maybe he should be checked? It is entirely possible for being preggo that your body is just out of whack from the hormones and will go back to normal after the baby is born.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• next time you do the treatment, don't have sex for awhile afterwards and wait to see if it comes back. If it does, you may need a stronger anti-yeast infection med. There is this one tiny pill you can take that will get rid of it. i forget what its called, but my doc gave it to me after I had my second cause I had a HORRIBLY yeast infection. Ask your doctor about it. If nothing else, its easier than cream meds.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My doctor gave me a prescription specifically for a yeast infection and it took it away in 2 days. its two pills for two days. took it away like magic. ask your doctor if she/he can prescribe something for it.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thank u everyone! =) its just really frustating having to use this cream for 7 days then i keep getting it! ahhh drives me crazy and i really wanna be clean with no yeast infection when im n labor
    jess410

Comment by jess410 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would ask your doctor
    lattemom1

Answer by lattemom1 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011