Bottle weaning on her own?

my daughter will be a year old on thursday. for the past 3 days i have found full bottles in her crib after nap and in the mornings. usually she takes her bottle for nap and bed and a sippy during the day. and now she wont touch the bottle. she hits it out of my hand when I give it to her. is this normal? i thought weaning would be a big problem for her. Now I just lay her down with a sippy of water. She cries for about 10 minutes and then goes to sleep. should i worry that maybe she is sick? and that is why she isnt taking the bottle. She is eating and drinking normally though. I guess Im just confused. Idk if its normal for a baby to wean themselves?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some babies just know when it's time to give up the bottle. Give her the milk in a sippy since she has probably decided the bottle isn't her thing anymore. Many moms would call you lucky because some babies or kids just don't get that they really don't need a bottle after so long and it's very difficult for them to give it up. Congrat's! Your daughter graduated to a non bottle baby all by herself!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 12:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah, I would take it as a blessing that she's not wanting her bottle anymore. Sounds like you have a very mature one year old!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I’m happy for you that your little one no longer need a bottle and yes they can wean there selves. But have you ever thought of not putting your kid down with a bottle or drink. It is so BAD for there teeth. My little girl has never gone to bed with any thing other than a pacifier. You need to think of what you are possibly doing to your kid’s teeth and go look up baby bottle tooth decay. Once you start your kid of with bad baby teeth it will go on into there adult teeth and people don’t think that way it is proven and something that I think you should look into we all want to start our kids on the rite path and there teeth are important to.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Don't complain!

As long as she's eating and drinking regularly during the day I'd say she's not sick. Some babies just know when they don't want something anymore.

So, you can start tossing bottles out!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 5:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008