Cancer in babies

My 15 month old has had 2 CT scans nd one xray and i just recently seen on tv that ot causes cancer so I'm WORRIED!!

He had a few red spots come up on his neck and now they have got to his chest and belly. I seen tht that could be a sign bc when u touch them they don't fade. But some of them are like vumps but some of them u can't feel.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• Ok first of all, calm down! 2 CTs and 1 X-ray isn't going to cause cancer! Yes there is a risk, but hell, just breathing is a risk. Why have the X-rays and CT's been done?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My daughter has had several CT's and xrays and she is fine.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hang tight hun. Its scary when something goes wrong with your child, we had a menigitas scare when my daughter was 8days old ended up being in the hosp for 14 days. I got a taste for what its like to deal with this type of stuff. Its stressful but you need to keep note of symptoms for him, look up details of cancers or diseases to see what matches up to him, ask lots of questions to the doctors, & keep plugging along. Try to stay calm which is easier said then done but dont jump to the extreme as much as you can b/c it will only wear you down & you need your energy to get through this, & you will. You have the results of the CT? Got another appointment for him set up yet? Are you sure the rash/bumps are not an allergy?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Wait sorry I thought you were freaking b/c your son had bumps ten got the CT's & xray I did realize you are freaking out over the fact that he got them & they can cause cancer. Like I said before calm down though, its a rare thing for cancer to come of those. Get your son a docs appointment to get his bumps checked out first thing to think about is that he may have something like an allergy. So start with that make a docs appointment & go from there.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• CT scans bc of him hitting his head extremely hard. Once when he was new born and a storm door came back and hit him While his dad was holding him. 2nd just recently bc he fell straight back on mopped floor and threw up afterwards.

Chest xray thought he had pneumonia
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Have you talked to the doctor it might put your mind at ease. My son had cancer when he was two is almost eighteen and alive. Talk to the doctor and let him no your concerns.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The increased risk for cancer is a life-time risk, not something the crops up within weeks of getting the scans. What it means is that, by the time your baby is an old man, the probability that he will have had a cancer will be slightly above those individuals that never got any scans. The increase in his life-time risk is very small though - far less than the risks he will face by getting into a motor vehicle.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I take him to the dr tomorrow bout the bumps!! Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Wow thanks for making me feel better!! I just worry so much. I want my son to be healthy and happy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• chance are, are that he has a viral rash. Very common in babies and toddlers
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011