Do i have post pard. dep?

i had my baby a little over 2 mos ago i have been verry moody, mostly angry and only toward my husband. i get mad verry easily and really mad to the point that i could throw something at him mostly for not helping me but i had 3 other kids before and i know he doesn't help so could it still be from having the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I don't think it's depression. Sounds like you are just very angry with your husband. You can discover the real reason why, but you will have to be gut honest with yourself about it. It could have to do with just having too many expectations that he is not equipped to meet. Men often don't know how to help or even what that means, but they can be taught to help. Help is different from just taking things over. For instance, ask him to "help" you bathe the baby. He can hand you things, just kind of be an extra pair of hands. Most husbands will join in on that kind of "helping" which is way different from bathing a baby all alone. Same thing is true of older children, too. I think that too often we expect that our husbands know what helping is or how to help, when in truth, they don't have a clue as to what it really means. Think of yourself more as really getting him to help you rather than doing things on his own!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Did he pamper you when you were pregnant? If he did and doesn't now, it could be from that.
    Or it could be that your husband needs to get off his butt and help...you said you had 3 kids before that he never helps with? I don't care if he sired them or not, he married you and needs to be their dad. Get him off his lazy butt or go ahead and throw something at him, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you didn't have a problem with him not helping before then maybe. on the other hand now that you have 3 kids and an infant to look after you may just finally be at your breaking point with the no help issue. That can cause major stress and make you want to throw things at the man who helped you have those 4 kids :) Are your feeling changing towards the kids? Not that you don't love them or anything like that but if you are getting easily frustrated with them and other aspects of your life that seemed to be great before maybe you should make an appointment with your doctor and see what they say.
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011