Bashing Doctors?

I work with these 3 women and none of them have the help of the baby's father in taking care of the children. Where i work you can also take your children to work with you.

They take there kids to the doctor at least once a week and they take them (most of the time) in the morning durring walk ins before work. Sometimes they make appointments. Anyways I NEVER hear anything posative come out of their mouths about ANY of the doctors they see. My doctor works in the same office and I happen to love him and he is the top rated pedi in the area. But that doesn't matter.
I also just found out that none of them pay for their insurance for themselves or there children they are all 3 on the medical card.
I have nothing aginst that either by the way because our insurance rates just shot up and we had to put DD on the medical card.Plus I grew up on one because my mother was a single, none working mother.I still don't take her for every little thing and I appreciate my doctors time.
When I was asked if my DD was on the medical card (before she was) and I said no I got excluded from the group.
I can't stand how they bash the docotrs, why not just go to another office then??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont bash doctors but I am the first one to speak up for my daughter when I dont like a doctor & refuse to see them. We have had a few places (moves) & many docs (hosp stay that we have delt with thus far. I am not rude to a doc that I dont like I will always try one out for a visit but will determine in that visit weather we will see them again or not. When I make an appointment with the office I will tell the reception person no to sevearl docs that they may try to give me an appointment with. I've gotten some comments on it before but I shrug it off b/c its my choice.

I agree with you though I would be annoyed with these ladies b/c I'd yell at them to get a new doctor, problem solved!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Some people just like to complain and find the negative in their lives. It is all in the looking glass. I have known people like that and they are draining. Just smile and tellthem how great the doctors have been for you and your kiddos.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I only ever bashed two doctor and the state agreed with the first he left a ton of children who should have had their ears tubed without he lost his license to practice after he left twenty children who should have had their ears tubed and some of them have hearing damage because of it. The doctor who missed the fact my son was getting sicker and ignored his fevers and everything that came along with it because I owed a five dollar copay my boss came into pay it and he said no so two weeks later my son had not gotten better after a month 40 pound two year old lost 20 pounds before he was diagnosed lactose intolerant and lost seven pounds in a two week period twenty pounds. He had cancer but he almost had to die before they would do the blood tests to find it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think we should bash the ones who do nothing and praise the ones who do good. It took almost four months for him to be diagnosed and I never complained even now aside from this he still came to diagnose my son after and hold my hand while they cofirmed what we already knew. The money was the office manager and not them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• pinkdragon- I'm sorry about your little boy and I am glad you found the right doctor in time.

These ladies are different from yo for the fact as they complain because they weren't seen quick enough, or the doctor didn't diagnose there child with what the other child had, or what they thought it might be or, or they thought their child needed this anti instead of this one. Sometimes I wonder if their children are really as sick as they say or they use it as a reason to be late to work or just get attention , or even to have something to talk about.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Do you think that the doctor's treat the differently because they are on medical assistance and are always coming to the office? Not that that makes it right, I was just wondering. My kids are in MA, they weren't always. My doctor's attitude didn't change toward us but 2 girls in the office have been really rude with me since. I was uninsured and just got my self a plan and went to the doctor. I handed the girl the insurance card and she said real snippy, "is this with the state?" If I didn't like the doctors so much I would leave. Anyway, I think people of definitely treated differently if people think they are abusing the system.
    Anonymous

• but my DD is on MA now and when I take her to the same office we get treat the same. Office staff is always nice. ???I guess it's possible but I would think it would be more because of their additudes at the doctors office then thier finacial situation.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011