Does your daughter have long hair?

Mine does but I notice her hair is a little thinner in the front so I have been taking it easy with keeping it back, using clips etc. also her lil' brother has pulled on her hair quiet a bit. DO ya notice you dd's hair may be a little thinner in the front from too much pulling back etc.? My girl is 4 yrs old.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 3 1/2 year old daughter's hair is long. She doesn't have bangs, so most days I part off the front section and run a french braid across the front. It looks really cute, keeps it out of her face, and eliminates the need for rubber bands near the roots. Before I started doing this style she usually had rubber bands up front and it caused a lot of breakage; I never noticed it being thinner, but there were a lot of shorter pieces that stuck out.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She has long hair, but I don't pull it back that often and if I do I leave it loose. Since birth the only part of her hair I've cut is her bangs to keep it out of her face.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my dd's hair si also very long but we dont pull it back much and she has a ton of it so even if it thinned out i probably wouldnt notice much
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my dd is 3.5 and never had a hair cut. her hair is super curly so when its dry it looks really short (just past the shoulders) but when I'm washing it or she's swimming its down to the middle of her back!
    My two ds's also have never had a hair cut. they are 2 & 1 and the 2yr old hair straight blonde hair a little past his shoulders! DH and I just aren't ready to get their hair cut yet!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My 9 yo has long curly hair. Even when dry it looks long, so when it's wet it's down to her tush. I switch up hairstyles with her, pulling it to the side some days, straight back on others. She doesn't like it pulled too tight, so it's never been a problem. Now, she's getting to where she likes to wear it down and she just tucks in behind her ear(s) when it's bothering her.

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011