When did you switch to toddler bed?

Dd is 13 months old and always sticks her legs thru her crib slats. I'm considering a toddler bed, but I think she would just crawl out and run around at night. I didn't move Ds to a bed until 18 or 20 months. When did you move your baby to a bigger bed? How did it go?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 2:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• out oldest was 2.5 and our youngest was 20 months because he climed out of the crib. It went well. They were good sleepers and stayed put
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i too am contiplating going to a toddler bed. he is 20 months now and i know it will be soon, however, i dont want him getting up all night and playing. i also hear sometimes moving them toa toddler bed will solve sleep issues (he wakes up 2-3 times a night still.) so im not sure shat we are going to do either
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not until 2 yrs old with all 3 of my girls but my oldest went straight from crib to twin bed.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son was able to climb out of his crib close to this past Christmas. He was 22 months. We put his mattress on the floor until we got our tax return money and got him a twin bed. He was almost 25 months at the time. Putting his crib mattress on the floor was not the ideal situation but I didn't have to worry about him falling out of bed and he transitioned no problem.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My kids were about 20 months when we went to the toddler beds.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• MY son was about 25 months old when he went from crib to toddler bed. And 27 months when he went from toddler bed to twin bed :-)
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well i really believe it depends on each child and how they act and the most you can do is try it if it doesnt work put them back in a crib also i think the side guards help the transition to them its kinda like they are still stuck in a crib a little bit now i have 4 boys and i did it at different ages as young as 12 months all the way up to 2 yrs old gl i hope it works for you
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• never used A crib
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My son was 18months old when we switched and he's great. If he's not tired he might play for 30 minutes but eventually climbs into his bed and covers himself up (he's turning 2 next month) It hasn't been an issue for us :D
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• MY BABY IN HER ON BED SHE IS 2 BUT SHE CRY SUMTIME
    mzhawkins

Answer by mzhawkins at 2:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011