How would it make you feel if your spouse messed the delivery of your child, knowing that he is the father of the child?

Chunky_Dynamic

Asked by Chunky_Dynamic at 2:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Huh?
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My hubby did miss the birth's. wussy that he was he hid behind the curtain all the way across the room. My older sister was there for both of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I guess it would depend on if he missed it on accident or on purpose...and HOW he missed it...did he miss it because he fainted in the delivery room at the first sight of the baby's head? lol no I wouldnt be upset...did he miss it because he was out drinking in a bar? Yeah I would be pissed lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Messed? Or do you mean MISSED?

**shrug** I nearly tossed my husband out during the delivery because he was irritating me! Had he not been there? My reaction would have depended on the reason why. There are good reasons which would have earned an "oh well, it happened" and poor reasons which would get him tossed out on his butt.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It would depend on why he missed the birth. If he had a very good reason then I would excuse it, if he had a lame reason I would be pissed and he would have to make it up to be big time!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• DH had to be out of town on my due date. We knew of the event before I even got pregnant and there was no way he could get out of it. I understood and let him go. I ended up having to be induced and he came straight to the hospital when he got into town and was there just in time for the actual birth.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Well I would need a reason for why it happened before I could answer,, At work and the baby came before he could get there? Deployed overseas? wouldn't be to mad,,Sitting at a bar watching a ballgame? Totally mad!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• DH almost missed #3 because I was crowning as they wheeled my into the delivery room ( I had just gotten to the hospital) and he was feeling faint from seeing me go through it completely natural that he ran in the bathroom (that was in the delivery room) and when he came out the baby's head was already out!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Missing it because of obligations - would be disappointing but life happens. Missing it just BECAUSE....nope unacceptable. I wouldn't EXPECT my dh to be in delivery with me but SOMEWHERE in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• Would depend on why he missed it.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011