what are some early signs of loosing ur mucus plug?

is increase in mucus discharge one?

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 11:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not really... that is just what happens further along. Your mucus plug will be chunky and most likely will be streaked with light pink blood. I don't think you get a lot of warning when it is going to happen and many women don't lose theirs until they are closer to labor. I lost mine at least 10 days before, although its been 2 years, so it might have been 14 days or so.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There are no signs that I know of. It just happens.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't think that an increase in discharge is a sign, just a regular side effect of pregnancy. Since the mucus plug is like the "cork" to your cervix, losing it means that you've started to dilate but labor could still be weeks away (up to six). If you do lose it before labor, you'll know. It looks like a quarter sized ball of goo that is mostly clear. In the case that it does, keep an eye out to make sure you're not leaking fluids. But don't put too much concern in it, my doc said that most women lose theirs in the hospital when the docs break their water.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There aren't early signs. You either lose it or you don't. It may come out in smaller pieces though, in which case you may not notice it, or you may not be sure whether or not you lost it. It doesn't really mean anything, though, so it doesn't really matter too much.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008