For those who have had an IUD

Did it hurt when they took it out?

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• mine got expelled by my body but from what my friends told me it doesn't
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• no not at all.way less painful then the insertion..i had the merina for 2 and a half yrs.if u have the merina and want to conceive take it out as soon as u can,it takes a while to get your cycles right.i had no period while i had it.it was removed on feb.28 and still no period.now its the waiting game.
    amanda71205

Answer by amanda71205 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No pain. I had Mirena and my period never came back after I had it removed. I had to go through fertility for months to conceive my second child b/c of the cysts and lack of period from Mirena. If you couldn't tell, I am not a fan!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It feels just like getting a pap smear
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i'm glad you asked this, b/c while mine is still in- i never thought about it hurting the day i take it out!!! lol
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I've had the regular copper T and the mirena. They both hurt going in but it didn't hurt coming out. I will say something about the Mirena IUD though. I have always been a happy person, never had any problems with depression. About 6 months after I got the Mirena in I started to feel depressed even had suicidal thoughts. I didn't want to do anything, it took all I had just to get out of bed and go to work. I started having anxiety and felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest. I loved my copper T though just really heavy bleeding with that. About 3 weeks after the Mirena was taken out I was back to normal. Really ask around about the Mirena...I don't recommend it. Funny thing is, after I told my regular doctors nurse about it, she told me that several nurses in their practice had them and had them taken out also for the same exact reason I did. Mirena has progesteron a copper T has no hormones.
    Pambelo

Answer by Pambelo at 9:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011