For those with 2 kids already.....

do you have a 3rd, was it easier. We are thinking about having a 3rd baby and was wondering what the pros and cons are

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it depends on how much time between the second and third. If the other two are older, ti should be pretty easy, but if the other two are still really young it can be hard. So how old are the other two?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'd say it depends on the age dif. My boys are all 4 yrs 11 mos apart (sooo unplanned) and the oldest and youngest are great pals. The middle - he talks to his older bro but really could careless if he's included. MY sisters kids are 2 yr + a few mos apart and you couldn't sep the 3 of them if you tried. (she has 2 dd and 1 ds)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 2:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Wow! This is so strange because this has been on my mind so much lately. I have two sons right now and they are amazing little people and lately (like the past 6 months) all I have been doing is questioning whether or not I want to try again for a daughter. I wish I could offer more help to this question but I'm just going to wait and see what everybody else says.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 2:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have 3 children. I have a 7yr old daughter and two boys- 18 months and 10 weeks. The third was not "planned" and I must say my hands are full with a newborn and toddler running around. If I were planning I would have had my third child after my first son was over 2 yrs old so they both could have equal "baby time." There are days when I know my toddler is jealous and I just don't have enough hands! :)
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 2:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes. And no. Easier because my older two were much older (12 and 8) and actually able to help. No because I was 43 when he was born!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My oldest is on the autism spectrum. She was an only child and a lot of work for 8 years. We wanted to make her a big sister and waited 5 minutes between having her 2 brothers. My comment is that one 8-year-old autistic child is the same amount of work as having infant twins. DH will agree with me.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have 3 aged get ready for this 3,2,1 and I'm 14 weeks with number 4! I'm a sahm and it can get hectic but with them close in age its easier to do something age appropriate and have everyone included. How old are your 2 children? Age can be a huge factor and it depends on how much you can handle.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If both ur kids are three and older i'd say go for it. Otherwise you're going to have your hands full with babies and they not enough time for them.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have three children. I like having three. It was an adjustment to go from two to three, but a lot of that was because my oldest was in kindergarden, there was no 'babymoon' period to recover. I got home from the hospital, celebrated Christmas (my 3rd has a Dec 20th b-day) and then once school started again I was out again getting three kids into snowsuits and getting my son to and from school every day... there wasn't as much downtime. Now that they are 8, 6, and 4, that is easier but we are BUSY!!! Between homework, extracuriculars (which we keep pretty minimal but they are split three ways!) we are always running!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The big difference is that you are going from one child per parent, to zone defense.
    Anonymous